Monday, June 21, 2010

The A-Team (2010) - by J. Molotov



First of all, I have never in my life seen even one episode of this show. I vaguely remember a cartoon version of it. Is that right? I am starting to think there is a cartoon version of everything . Or there should be. All I remember from it is Mr. T. I think he introduced each episode.

Regardless of having zero knowledge of what this movie should be about, I thought that it was AWESOME. Awesome like the creators went around and surveyed boy children aged approximately between 9 and 13 on what they would most like to see in a movie. The answer is: completely batshit scenarios with little to no regard for narrative sense or the laws of physics, like the part where there is a tank falling out of the sky with the main characters inside it and they are shooting off the guns in an attempt to steer it.

And even though that sounds stupid and insane, and even the movie itself lets you know that it thinks it is stupid and insane, when it is happening it is fantastic and makes you clap your little hands with childish joy and bounce up and down in your seat and uncontrollably, manically giggle. Or at least, that’s what it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment